We had to climb a steep hill in order to reach our destination. I was literally panting within the first 10 minutes of the climb. There were many others accompanying us on the climb to the “Edakkal caves” in Wayanad, Kerala. That incident was the wake up call for me. I realised that, even though I looked normal externally, I was not fit.
The busy work schedule and my laziness was taking a heavy toll on my health those days. I had gained a few extra pounds over the last year and my waist size had reached 36 inches!
I decided that I had to do some kind of workouts to beat my sedentary lifestyle. The advertisements of the so-called “Orbitrek Elite” and my friend’s recommendation along with hundreds of reviews of genuine customers influenced me to place an order for the elliptical workout machine the very next day.
I have been using the Orbitrek Elite for the past one year and it has been an amazing journey for me. My fitness level has improved dramatically and my waist size is back to 34 inches now.
I have been thinking about writing a proper review for this wonderful machine for a while now. In this article, I will be covering the health benefits, features, pros and cons of Orbitrek Elite. In addition to that, I will share my workout regimen too.
Orbitrek Elite is a certified cardiovascular aerobic exercise machine. By working just 20 minutes a day, I was able to improve my fitness level dramatically.
This aerobic exercise machine will also help you prevent from dangerous lifestyle diseases like diabetes, hypertension, high blood cholesterol and heart diseases. We, at BeingTheDoctor recommend it to all persons suffering from these lifestyle diseases in order to control the disease and prevent further complications.
The Orbitrek Elite can also be used by post surgery patients undergoing rehabilitation for a proper recovery.
By regularly doing exercises on the Orbitrek Elite and combining it with healthy diet plans, I was able to reduce my waist size and shed the extra pounds of fat from my body. One hour workout on this machine can burn up to 820 calories (I haven’t tried it yet)
Orbitrek Elite is a total body workout machine. It targets your arms, shoulders, chest, abdomen, back and thighs.
One of the biggest advantage of this machine is that it simulates walking or jogging in the comforts of our living room. No more need to be wary of rash drivers and stray dogs! According to the manufacturers, a 10 minute workout on Orbitrek Elite is 300% more effective than a 10 minute brisk walk.
- Orbitrek Elite is a unique workout machine designed in such an innovative way that it can be used as a treadmill, stepper, stair climber and a cycle at the same time.
- Adjustable resistance knob on the machine can easily be turned to choose the right kind of workout you need like warming up, targeted muscle sculpting and moderate to hard aerobic cardiovascular workouts.
- Reverse movement is possible on this machine which helps to target different groups of lower limb muscles.
- The display screen shows the distance you covered in kilometres, the number of calories you burn and the time you have spent on the machine.
- The ability to fix the upright handles allows the users to do lower limb specific exercises if required.
- It is lightweight and easy to move around your house, thanks to the wheels on the machine.
Using Orbitrek Elite
It is recommended to use this wonder machine at least 20 minutes a day. Three such workouts every week will provide you all the above mentioned health benefits. Every workout session should ideally pass through 3 stages which are as follows :
- Warm up : An essential precursor to any aerobic exercise. Stretching exercises followed by 5 minutes on the elliptical machine in low resistance would be fine.
- Burn it : The proper calorie burning exercise stage. It should last for a minimum 12 minutes.
- Wind up : The last stage where you cool down the muscles, similar to the first stage. 3 minutes would be sufficient.
I have written a detailed article on my workout strategy explaining these 3 stages. In that article, I have also written on how to lose weight and tone your muscles properly using this machine.
- Suitable for men and women of all ages and health conditions.
- Lifetime warranty!
- Display meter showing distance, time, calories burnt is really useful.
- Environmental friendly, as there is no need for power consumption.
- Lightweight and easy to move around in your house.
- No LED backlight for the digital display.
- Not suitable for obese persons weighing more than 125 kilograms.
- You need to lubricate the pedals in order to make it work smoothly.
- A bit noisy in low resistance (warm up) mode.
- Expensive compared to the other elliptical exercise machines available in the market.
- Customer service is a bit on the downside!
Orbitrek Elite will serve you as an ideal home gym equipment. It will be the best ever cardio workout machine that money can buy you. But, if you are looking for a 6 pack abdomen and bulging biceps, it would be better to spend your bucks on some other machines. This elliptical aerobic trainer will protect your heart and prevent you from the lifestyle diseases like diabetes, hypertension etc. Moreover, you will be able to realise the new and improved physical and mental fitness in just a matter of few months of using this machine. If you are looking to get rid of the sedentary lifestyle and start a healthy new life, you should buy Orbitrek Elite.
No more panting while climbing stairs, guaranteed!
Feel free to ask any questions related to this product in the comments section below.
Latest posts by Dr Prasoon (see all)
- Useful Health Tips for the Flood Victims in Kerala - September 3, 2018
- How to Reduce your Baby’s Pain after Vaccination - August 30, 2018
- West Nile Virus Fever is Here! - August 4, 2018